Mobile BrokerFAQ

  • 01. What is a Mobile Broker?

    A Mobile Broker's job scope is similar to that of a Remisier. You will acquire and build up your client base, earning brokerage commission based on their securities transactions.

  • 02. What is the difference between a Mobile Broker and a Remisier?

    As a Mobile Broker, you may choose to work from outside office premises. Remisier, on the other hand, is based in the office during market trading hours.

  • 03. Do I get a basic salary?

    No, as a Mobile Broker, your income is 100% commission-based.

  • 04. Can I keep my current job?

    No, Mobile Broking is a FULL TIME and it is a requirement for you to leave your current job.

  • 05. What is the minimum educational requirement?

    The minimum qualification under the Securities and Futures Act is GCE 'A' Level or Polytechnic Diploma. You will also need to acquire a Representative License by MAS, which requires you to pass Modules 1A, M5, 6 and 6A of the Capital Markets & Financial Advisory Services (CMFAS) Examination.

  • 06. Will training be provided?

    Suitable candidates will be provided with the training and assistance to prepare them for the examinations.

  • 07. Are there any startup costs involved?

    You will be required to place a refundable security deposit in the form of cash or banker's guarantee of at least $30,000 with our company.

  • 08. Are there any risks involved for me as a Mobile Broker?

    You are fully liable for any bad debts that may be incurred by your clients.

  • 09. What kind of candidate is Lim & Tan Securities looking for?

    You should ideally be self-motivated, driven and experienced in the trading of securities, as well as possess a list of potential clients in your network. A background in sales would be advantageous.

  • 10. How do I apply to become a Mobile Broker?

    You may CLICK HERE to apply.